During my college days I used to really freak out when I had to mount GoPro accessories on my backpacks. Not only they are costly as hell at times but also I never really found an easier way to mount them on my backpack then. But then to my savior, my friend helped me out with these amazing tricks to mount a GoPro on my backpack.
The idea is to use DIY Backpack Strap Mount on your backpack. That will not only save you some dime, but they are also cool. Be it your trendy backpack that you love to carry to your college or the ones you take only for hiking, this clever little DIY Backpack Strap Mount work on all.
However, my friend showed me how to make the straps easily at home with the scraps that most probably lies around the corner of the house. Here is what you will need—
- 1 hard plastic material, cut it equal to the width of your backpack’s shoulder straps
- 2 round head bolts (1-1/4X20)
- 2 nut bolts (1/4X20)
- 2 wing nuts (1/4X20)
- 1 GoPro adhesive mount, Flat
Once you are done with the equipments, now it’s time for the tools. You will need—
- Measuring Tape
Steps you need to follow—
- As you have already measured the hard plastic material according to the width of your backpack’s shoulder straps, now it is time for you to wrap it around the shoulder strap of your backpack. Cut the material in appropriate size, make two pieces of them.
- Now that you have two of them, make a mark where you are going to drill the holes for the head bolts. Drill accordingly. Make sure that the size of your drill is ¼ inch bit.
- Thread the bolts through the holes.
- Now add the nut bolts on the opposite side of the bolts head and add place the other piece of plastic on the top. Once you are done with it, add the wing nuts.
- At the end add the GoPro Adhesive Mount at the front of your new strap.
- Let it adhere securely.
Here are simple ways to securely mount a GoPro on your backpack. The best thing about this is that it won’t cost you much. Follow these simple steps and you are good to go. All the best!