Since my college days, I have been a crazy traveler and have visited a lot and lot of places. I was always up for any trips that used to come on my way. But what bothered me the most was the idea of packing my backpacks. And if you are a beginner, then I am sure you go through the same too. Packing backpacks can be really tricky at times.
Choosing the right backpack for a trip is not an easy task. You need to get the right size and the right brand of backpack. The right size and proper weight of the backpack demolish half of your packing issues.
Packing your backpack has a certain way. But before you start packing your backpacks, you need to remember that just because your backpack can carry a certain amount of weight, does not mean that you have to pack it full. Here are a few tips on how to start packing your backpacks—
- Make up a list first and categorize your items depending on their weight – you need to know what are the things you are going to carry on your trip. Make a list of the items and categorize them according to their weight. Use the help of color codes so that you do not forget.
- Place the items according to the weight – while you are packing, remember to place the items according to the weight of your items. Here is how you can categorize the items—
- On the top place the middle weight items—put some of your light clothes, your umbrella, and jacket on the top of your backpack.
- In the middle put all the heavy items – if you are camping then put things like stoves, any electronic items or your tent, food stash and food items in the middle of your backpack. You can cover the fragile items with some clothes in order to keep them safe.
- Put the light weight items on the bottom – put sleeping bags, your camp shoes or your sleep wear and sleeping pads on the bottom of your backpack.
- The outer pocket game – this place is for all your essential items. You can put your sunglasses, GPS, lip balm, snacks, bugs spray and cash and ID stash in the outer pocket of your backpack. You can also carry your water bottle in the outer pocket.
- Adjusting your backpack – even if you have successfully packed your backpack, if you do not adjust the straps and belts properly then it might simply be quite uncomfortable for you to carry it. Your shoulder and waist straps should be pulled tightly. The more your backpack is closer to your body, the more you find it comfortable to carry it.
Well, backpacking for your trip is no more a hassle for you now. Find the best backpack of your choice, with the right size and brand and then follow the steps I have provided above. You are good to go!